Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Zilch Weekend

This past Saturday mom, dad, and I went to the Washington, D.C. Temple. I love being able to go to the temple and feel the spirit and do the work for those who have already passed on. The trip to the temple takes 4 hours and instead of coming home after we were done at the temple we spent the night with the Zilch family, who used to live here in Fairmont but moved to Virginia. Mary and I met out at BYU and we worked together on campus. I was very excited for the visit, to spend time with good friends, play with Ellie, and especially to meet 4 month old Malcolm.

I had planned on throwing a baby shower for Mary, but they moved away. Regardless of their moving I still made a quilt for Malcolm. I chose a soft monkey fabric for the back and then decided to tie in the colors on the front (red, yellow, blue, and brown for the binding). I am really happy with how the quilt turned out! So for dinner we went to Red Robin...Yum! Unfortunately the burger I got, the Chili Chili Cheeseburger, wasn't so Yum. Luckily, the cheeseburger was the only disappointment in a really great weekend.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Glad you had a good trip. Your quilt looks great!

Will and Mary Zilch said...

We're so glad you came! I might steal that picture of you and Malcolm.